december, 2017

Thailand school visit

GCSE & A level Examinations

Sports day 30th June

GCSE Art Exam

End of term reports 14 July

Transition days 29-30 June

Year 12 Work Experience 17-21 July

End of term primary trip 12 July

Year 12 return to school 3rd July

End of year secondary trip 13 July

Summer Fayre 2nd July 10-2pm


Options EveningOptions Evening, Post 16, 23rd November, 3:40

Options EveningOptions Evening, GCSE, 30th November, 3:40

International Pupils

International Pupils 2017-10-01T14:10:42+00:00

Kings Monkton School is a registered Tier 4 school, which means that we are able to sponsor International Students to study in our prestigious school. The sponsorship enables pupils to get a CAS letter, which allows them to study at our school in the UK, even if their parents are not in the UK themselves. We work with a number of different proposers who support International Pupils coming to the school, one of our most successful partnerships is with Eurochina.

Below is some important information you should know about the Tier 4 process and the full guidance document can be found here.



You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study in the UK.

You should also:

  • have a place on a course
  • have the consent of your parent or guardian
  • have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs
  • be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • meet the eligibility requirements


How long it will take

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • study at an independent fee-paying school (if you’re aged between 4 and 15)
  • study at a publicly-funded further education college (if you’re 16 or 17 and you’re a fee-paying student)
  • apply from inside or outside the UK
  • apply to extend your stay

You can also work, if you’re 16 or over:

  • part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week
  • full-time during vacations
  • on a work placement as part of your course, (but not for more than 50% of your course time)
  • as a student union sabbatical officer for up to 2 years


You can’t:

  • study at a publicly-funded school
  • get public funds
  • take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed
  • work as a doctor or dentist in training
  • work as a professional sportsperson (eg a sports coach) or entertainer
  • settle in the UK on this visa
  • bring in family members (‘dependants’) – if your parents want to accompany you, they’ll need to apply for a Parent of a Child At School visa


Documents you must provide when you apply for the visa you must provide:

  • a current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • 2 passport sized-colour photographs with your name written on the reverse side
  • proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
  • proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

T4 Guidance PDF

Chinese Translation of Handbooks

GCSE Options Booklet 2015-16-Chinese Version


Parent Handbook Secondary School -Chinese Translation

SIXTH FORM options booklet 2015-16-Chinese Translation