Kings Monkton School is a mainstream school that prides itself on its inclusive nature. We do not have an admissions examination as our belief and our experience show us that children who feel safe, secure and happy will excel in education.
However, we also recognise that we cannot always meet the educational needs of all children.
Admissions are made on an individual basis and at the Principal’s discretion. Criteria used to assess whether a child is admitted to our school include:
• Whether the school can meet the needs of that individual pupil.
• Whether the applicant is of the appropriate age and of sufficient maturity.
• Whether the school is able to provide adequately for any special educational needs the applicant may have following an assessment of the pupil by the Additional Learning Needs Coordinator.
• Whether the school, having made reasonable adjustment, has the capacity to support any disability the applicant may have.
• Whether fees (if applicable) at the present school have been paid.